Bed Bug Supply Review - see what our experts have to say about this product
Heat treatments have proven to be very effective at killing bed bugs quickly and thoroughly. Exposure to heat above 120 degrees Fahrenheit will kill bed bugs of all life stages within just an hour. However, bed bug heat treatments are difficult to set up and execute. They traditionally have been done with forced-air kerosene or propane heaters, which carry risk of excessive heat or carbon monoxide exposure.
Fortunately, the new Tri-Flo bed bug heat treatment kits are here to help. These are ETL-certified, UL-recognized heater designs that can safely heat up a room with minimal setup and no additional electric equipment than what is already available on site.
Tri-Flo's packages are much simpler from the start than the heating gear that pest pros are used to. Electric heat setups usually require at least a 3-phase, 20kW diesel generator. Those weigh almost 800 pounds and need to be towed to the job site. The 3- to 6-piece Tri-Flo kits are much simpler and more cost-effective in comparison.
The kits include durable, stamped metal-body heater units and powerful circulation fans. The fans feature side-mounted 110V outlets so that they can be daisy-chained together, which cuts down on the total number of wall outlets needed.
Bed bug heat treatments have been as effective for many users as they are risk- and cost-prohibitive for others. With the prospect of hauling around hundreds of pounds of gear and dealing with diesel or kerosene, in addition to the added noise and chemical exposure, most professionals have resigned to using slower alternative treatment methods that require multiple follow-ups.
The Tri-Flo packages are here to change that. These are simple, effective, and safe alternatives to the gas motor heaters in the field today. One plug per heater, and you're in business; no generators, no fuel, and no extra power equipment. For the first time, hotel managers, property managers, and pest control operators have access to a truly safe and cost-effective heat treatment package.
Heat treatments are a safe and effective alternative to spraying your belongings with chemicals. A bed bug heater can treat a space quickly and thoroughly by safely heating insulated items to a lethal temperature. This saves time spent checking each and every item, and saves money that may otherwise be spent replacing infested items that are thrown out.
The Tri-Flo 500 Combo is a new, safer and simpler design for heat treatments. It's portable, durable, ETL-certified, and made in the USA. Included is everything you need to effectively treat a hotel room or bedroom of up to 500 square feet with the existing electrical equipment already present. This is especially attractive to hotel managers and owners, since rooms can be treated more quickly and put back in service sooner.
- 1 x Eradi-Flo 5,000-watt heater (220v, 30a circuit required)
- 2 x Eradi-Flo 1,800-watt heaters (110v, 20a circuit required for each)
- 2 x Circulation fans (110v, 15a circuit required)
- 1 x Laser thermometer
Ideal for rooms up to 500 square feet.
Required power outlet access:
- 1 x 220-240 Volt, 30 Amp
- 2 x 110-120 Volt, 20 Amp
- 1 x 110-120 Volt, 15 Amp
Choosing a Tri-Flo Package:
- Treatment Area
- 220V Outlets
- 110V Outlets
- Total Heat Output
Power Outlet Requirements:
Determine the number and type(s) of power sources available to the area. At a minimum, you will need access to either 3 independent 110-volt, 20 amp circuits, or 1 220-volt, 30 amp circuit.
For rooms over 325 square feet, you will ideally have access to both 110-volt and 220-volt circuits. Use extension cords to reach circuits adjacent to the room itself, if needed.
There are two packages available, designed for rooms up to 325 square feet. The 110 Starter includes three 110-volt, 1800 watt heaters, while the 220 Starter includes a single 220-volt, 5000 watt heater. The 220 Starter is easier to use and more affordable, but requires access to a more powerful circuit. If that is not possible, the 110 Starter is a suitable alternative.
The Tri-Flo 500 Combo package combines a 5000-watt heater with two 1800-watt heaters. This is a much more potent solution intended for larger spaces, and will require access to both 110-volt and 220-volt power sources on independent circuits.
Using the Tri-Flo Bed Bug Heat Treatment Kit:
- Pre-heat the room by setting the thermostat to the highest setting available, ideally 90 degrees or more.
- Place your Eradi-Flo heaters around the bed and other key treatment areas so that they heat up first. Note: Keep heaters away from curtains, bed skirts, and other fabric or flammable material.
- Turn the Eradi-Flo heaters on the high setting and monitor location temperatures until the room reaches a temperature of roughly 106 degrees.
- Once the room temperature has reached approximately 106 degrees, place the included fans in the room to provide heat circulation. Point the fans at the most heavily infested areas and turn them on the high setting.
- Monitor location temperatures until the room has maintained a temperature of around 135 degrees for 2 to 4 hours, depending on the level of infestation. This temperature will be uncomfortable to stay present in, so check in every 30 minutes or so with the included laser thermometer.
After you've successfully performed a heat treatment, we recommend following up with a residual spray such as CrossFire and apply bed bug mattress covers and ClimbUp insect interceptors to each bed for long-term protection.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
On sale: $14.95