(866) 238-9868 OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK

2-5 day FREE & DISCREET SHIPPING on all orders

4.9 stars 4.9 | 4,500+ Verified Buyers

Is this a bed bug I found?

I captured this tiny bug on a tissue from the floorboard along my carpet beside my bed. Without it being in my face, it just looks like a tiny string moving fast along my floorboard which I’ve seen on several occasions, but this is the first time I caught one and took a pic. After the picture, I smashed the bug and it didn’t seem to smear blood like I’ve heard bed bugs do… please help me to identify this because I’m afraid this could be like a baby bed bug!

I found the same thing wondering what it is.

I definitely think that’s a different bug! Hope someone can help us both

Hello, and welcome to our forum. I’m 100% confident that that’s not a bed bug.

That looks more like a foreign grain beetle. They’re a pretty common household pest, but they only eat fibers like grains, fruits, chocolates, and tobacco. They’re not bloodsuckers like bed bugs.

@Jarvism Hello, and welcome to our forum. I’m 50/50 on whether or not that’s a bed bug, but I can’t say either way due to the poor quality of the image. If you’re able to take a shot that shows the bug in more clarity and detail, I should be able to give a more concrete answer.

Thank you so much, Josh! (I’m pretty sure this response was to me). I spent a ton of time scouring this forum that night reading your responses to all the different pics. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!!!
-Courtney