Bed Bug Supply Review - see what our experts have to say about this product
Bedlam Plus is a new aerosol insecticide by MGK offering a longer lasting residual than the original Bedlam with the addition of Imidacloprid. This longer lasting residual additive along with an updated formulation gives Bedlam Plus the ability to kill all stages of bed bugs, their eggs and even pyrethroid resistant bed bugs. It is very important to mention that Bedlam Plus is solely a crack and crevice spray and should not be applied in areas that may come in contact with skin. For mattress applications, Bedlam Plus is designed to applied until damp along the folds, tufts and edges of the mattress and not on the top surface where we sleep.
We like to use Bedlam along the folds of mattresses, sofas, chairs and on drapes and other fabric materials that do not come into contact with skin. Bedlam is a residual in that the ingredients remain active for several weeks allowing it to continue killing bed bugs. The only drawback to Bedlam is it's more expensive than other non-aerosol residual killers such as our JT Eaton Kills Bed Bugs II.
For best results, in addition to treatment with Bedlam® Insecticide, you should include additional tactics such as those listed below.
- Conduct a thorough inspection to locate the infestation. Be certain to look in harborages that offer the bed bug isolation and darkness.
- Reduce and remove clutter from the room
- Dispose of infested items that can be discarded
- Encase or bag articles that may be infested, but will not be laundered or discarded
- Remove bedding, clothing and other items that may be laundered or dry cleaned. Wash and dry on “high heat” dryer setting to acheive a temperature of 185°F.
- Move furnishings (dressers, nightstands, etc) 2-3 Feet from wall to access wall perimeter edge
- Loosen the carpet at floor / wall junction around the perimeter of the rooms
- Apply BEDLAM insecticide as a foam by inserting straw in baseboard gap along tack strips under carpet perimeter edge (Bed Bugs are cryptobiotic and often hide here!)
- Apply an insecticidal dust in the wall void via wall outlets and/or switch plate covers
- Also consider that curtains may need to be treated with BEDLAM that will not stain water-safe fabrics and surfaces*
- Suitcases and other inanimate objects may also be treated with BEDLAM to prevent and cure infestation*
- Nursing Homes
Registered States: All 50 States
Cannot be shipped to Hawaii or Alaska
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
On sale: $12.95